Winter/Fall Ride Changes
It's the time of year when the light dims early and the temperatures start to plummet. So its time to switch over to our Fall/Winter ride routines.
1) This coming Monday (10/24) will be the LAST week for the Cabarrus Creamery Family ride at 6pm.
2) The Tuesday TouchDown Pizza Ride is officially suspended.
We plan on repacing it with organized trainer sessions like we did last year. We are still working out the venue and timing, so keep an eye out for an email on that.
3) The Thursday TRG ride has also been suspended.
We will be meeting up at the Huntersville Business Park on Thursdays to ride through the winters. Riders start showing up after work between 5 and 6 and ride until 7:30 or 8, depending on the day. If you have never been to the business park, its a safe and lighted industrial park loop that attracts cyclists from all over the city. You can find it on the maps here:
Larger groups generally form after the time changes, and especially after the first of the year. There have been evenings in the past when there have 150 cyclists rounding the loop. Skill levels range from hybrid riders to racing pros, so it's a place where everyone can ride at their own pace. This is not an organized C4 ride, but a place where everyone congregates and suffers through the cold winter nights.
4) The Saturday SAMBO Ride is still leaving at 8 AM as always. Later in the winter season as the temperatures get much lower we will switch to a 10 AM start time, so keep an eye out for that email.
5) The Go with the Flowe Ride is now active and has a solid following on Sundays at 2PM. Great route and good roads.