We will be starting up indoor, spin/trainer sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:15pm (till ~7:30pm) beginning next week, Tues 10/26. Shawn Fleming will be leading them. Normally, the Tuesday sessions will be at the Cabarrus Creamery (in the art studio space behind the Creamery, thx Hunter!) in Concord. The Thursday sessions will be in the Activity Center at Kimball Lutheran Church (thx John Glass!) in Kannapolis - Cannon Village. However, for the first week only, both sessions (10/26 and 10/28) will be at the Creamery. The sessions are free.
We have the following goals in mind:
1) maintaining core fitness and muscle tone gained this year
2) building aerobic base for 1st half of winter (until Jan)
3) ramping up and increasing anaerobic threshold for the 2nd half of winter (Jan-Mar)
4) carrying on our group ride "social" atmosphere
5) assist riders with proper pedaling techniques
Much like our group rides, these sessions will accommodate any level of rider, so come out and join us.
You will need to bring your own bike, trainer (pls, no wind trainers - so we can all carry on a conversation), and towel.
I hope to see all of you in the spin sessions. Don't lose the fitness you gained this year!